California Western Law Review
From Copyright Experiences
The California Western Law Review/International Law Journal (“Law Review”) is pleased to offer you publication of your article entitled ______________ in Volume ___, Number __, of the California Western Law Review (Fall 2003). This offer is conditioned upon your acceptance of the following terms:
1. You represent and warrant that the Article is your original work, the Article has not been previously published, and the Article does not defame, invade the privacy of, or in any other manner infringe upon the rights of, any person or organization.
2. You represent and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge, all facts of the Article are accurate. You shall furnish all verifying sources at Law Review's request. Furthermore, Law Review shall have the right to independently verify the Article's factual accuracy.
3. You assign to California Western School of Law publication rights in the Article, including but not limited to the right of first publication, the right to republish the article on Westlaw, LEXIS/Nexis, and other similar electronic retrieval services, the right to republish the Article (reprints), and the right to publish the Article in subsequent compilations.
4. California Western School of Law grants to you a non-exclusive right to subsequently publish your Article in other publications subject to the following two requirements: (1) you must obtain prior permission from Law Review, which permission will not be unreasonably withheld, and (2) the publication must acknowledge the Article's prior publication in Law Review.
5. Law Review shall have editorial control over the Article. Law Review may edit, revise, or otherwise change the Article, or may request that you, edit, revise, or otherwise change the Article as Law Review deems appropriate to prepare the Article for publication. Law Review will notify you of any proposed changes.
6. In any publication of the Article, Law Review shall, or shall by contract require any licensee to, refer to you as author of the Article. Law Review may use, or authorize the use of, your name and pertinent biographical data in connection with the advertising or promotion of any publication of the Article.
7. Law Review reserves the following rights upon a showing of good cause: (1) the right to delay publication of the Article until a subsequent Law Review Journal edition, or (2) the right not to publish the Article. If Law Review chooses not to publish the Article, you will be given prompt notice of the decision, and upon giving such notice all rights in the Article shall revert to you, this agreement shall terminate, and neither you nor Law Review shall be under further liability or obligation to the other under this agreement.
Please sign, date, and return this letter to indicate your acceptance of this offer and its terms.
Offer and Terms Accepted: California Western Law Review _____________________________ ______________________
Lead Articles Editor
California Western Law Review