Chicago-Kent Law Review
From Copyright Experiences
Chicago Kent Law Review PUBLICATION AGREEMENT
Author name: _____________________________________________________
Title of Article : __________________________________________________________ (hereinafter “Article”)
1. The Author grants the Chicago-Kent Law Review and the Chicago-Kent College of Law the nonexclusive right to publish, reproduce, distribute, and use, and to authorize the publication, reproduction, distribution, and use of the Article either separately or as a part of a collective work. This right covers, but is not limited to, the electronic media and computerized retrieval systems in which the Article first appeared, printed copies of a bound volume in which the Article appears, individual reprints, collections of essays, all electronic forms of reproduction and publication, and any other similar forms of reproduction.
2. The Author retains ownership of the copyright in the Article, and retains all rights not expressly granted in this agreement.
3. The Author grants the Chicago-Kent Law Review, and the Chicago-Kent College of Law, the right to transfer or sublicense the rights granted in this agreement.
4. Unless the Author notifies the Chicago-Kent Law Review otherwise, the issue of the Chicago Kent Law Review in which the work appears shall include a notice stating that the Article may be reproduced and distributed, in whole or in part, for educational purposes including distribution to students, provided that the copies identify the Author, the Chicago Kent Law Review, the volume, the number of the first page, and the year of the Article’s publication; and that proper copyright notice is affixed to each copy.
5. The Author warrants that she/he has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement. The author also warrants that this article does not infringe the copyright or property rights of another, and it does not contain matter that is defamatory, violates another's civil right, right of privacy, or right of publicity. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Chicago-Kent Law Review, the Chicago-Kent College of Law, and the Illinois Institute of Technology against all such claims.
6. The Author agrees to affix, and agrees to require any entity to which she/he grants publication rights to affix, a prominent notice to any copy, adaptation, or reproduction of this Article, indicating that it was first published in the Chicago Kent Law Review.
7. The Author warrants that this work has not been published elsewhere (“published” does not include making it available, as a work-in-progress, for widespread peer review such as on SSRN.com).
8. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Author and the Chicago-Kent Law Review pertaining to its subject matter, and it supersedes all prior contemporaneous agreements, representations, and understandings of the parties. No supplement, modification or amendment of this Agreement shall be binding, unless executed in writing by all parties.
WITNESS OUR SIGNATURES, this the _____ day of ____________, 200__.
Brian Langs Editor-In-Chief Chicago-Kent Law Review Chicago-Kent College of Law