Hofstra Law Review
From Copyright Experiences
Hofstra Law Review
School of Law
121 Hofstra University
Hempstead, New York 11549
Managing Office Articles Office
(516) 463-5910 (516) 463-5911
Fax Number E-Mail Address
(516) 463-5092 Lawrev@Hofstra.edu
The following publication agreement is entered into between the Hofstra Law Review (the “Law Review”) and __________ (the “Author”) on this day, February 9, 2006 to publish the article, entitled __________ (the “Article”) in Volume 34:
1. The Author warrants that the Author has full power and authority to enter into this agreement and grant the rights set forth herein.
2. The Author grants to the Law Review first publication rights to the above-named Article and agrees that this Article will not be published, in whole or in part, in any other source prior to its publication by the Law Review without the express written permission of the Law Review.
3. The Author reserves a non-exclusive license to publish, distribute, or display the Article, provided that the original publication in the Law Review is cited.
4. The Author transfers to the Law Review the rights to publish, reproduce, display, and distribute the above-named Article in any language and in any form including, but not limited to, print, electronic media, microfiche, microfilm, and any form necessary for inclusion in computerized retrieval systems, and to transfer such rights.
5. If a third party, other than a nonprofit institution seeking photocopies for educational purposes including distribution to students, requests permission of the Law Review to reproduce or reprint the Article, the Law Review will provide such permission after making reasonable efforts to notify the Author and allow the Author seven (7) days to provide the Law Review with written notice of any objections to such reproduction and distribution.
6. The Author warrants that the Article has not been published before, constitutes the Author’s original work, and does not violate, in whole or in part, any existing copyright. The Author also warrants that the Article does not contain matter that is defamatory, violates another’s civil right, right of privacy, right of publicity, or other legal right, or is otherwise unlawful.
7. The Author understands that the Article will not be published by the Law Review until, in its final form, it is acceptable both to the Author and the Law Review. In the event that the Law Review does not publish the Article within one year of the final revisions, all rights conferred upon the Law Review in this agreement will revert back to the Author.
8. The Author grants to the Law Review the right to include the Author’s name and the Article title in any solicitation activities or informational literature prepared for the limited purposes of promoting the Author’s work and publications of the Law Review.