Wake Forest Intellectual Property Law Journal
Thank you for contacting us about our publication procedures. Attached is a copy of the standard publication agreement we use. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks, Kristen Murphy Managing Editor Wake Forest Intellectual Property Law Journal
This Publication Agreement (the “Agreement”) between [name] (the “Author”) and the Wake Forest Intellectual Property Law Journal (the “Journal”) governs the rights of the Author and the Journal in a written work entitled [title] (the “Article”).
1. The Author grants to the Journal a license to print, publish, post, and distribute the Article in any medium selected by the Journal. This license includes, but is not limited to: a. The right of first publication of the Article; b. The right to future publication of the Article; c. Authorization for electronic distribution of the Article by Westlaw, LexisNexis, HeinOnline, SSRN, and similar computerized retrieval systems; d. Authorization for others to reproduce the Article for academic or noncommercial purposes.
2. The Author shall retain the copyright in the Article, but shall not reproduce or subsequently publish the Article in whole or in part, without clearly identifying the Journal as the source of first publication of the Article. The Author agrees that the Journal shall be considered the author of the collective work in which the Article is published.
3. The Author and the Journal shall cooperate in the editing process. The Journal reserves the right to refuse publication of the Article if: a. The Author fails to meet editorial deadlines established by the Journal; b. The Article fails to meet current academic or professional standards as determined by the Journal.
4. The Author warrants that: a. The Author has the right to license the Article to the Journal and has not made, and will not make any agreement that would conflict with this Agreement; b. The Article has not been previously published in whole or in part; c. The Article does not violate any law or infringe upon the property, copyright, or privacy rights of another.
5. This agreement is the entire publication agreement. Any modification to the terms of the agreement shall be void if not in writing and signed by the Author and the Journal. The Author retains all rights in the Article not specifically granted to the Journal herein.
- Author / Date
- Wake Forest Intellectual Property Law Journal / Date