Kentucky Law Journal
From Copyright Experiences
"This is a copy of the form we use." :
COPYRIGHT LICENSE AGREEMENT
This is a publication agreement and copyright license between , (“Author”) and the KENTUCKY LAW JOURNAL (“Journal”), regarding a written work currently entitled (“Article”). In consideration of the KENTUCKY LAW JOURNAL’s acceptance of the Article for publication in Volume 94 of the Journal:
1. The Author grants to the Journal a nonexclusive license to publish, reproduce, distribute, and use the Article in print or electronic form, either separately or as part of a collective work, including but not limited to the nonexclusive right to publish the Article in an issue of the Journal, copy and distribute individual reprints of the Article, authorize reproduction of the Article in another publication by the Journal, and authorize the reproduction and distribution of the Article or an abstract thereof by means of computerized retrieval systems (such as Westlaw and Lexis).
2. In addition to the nonexclusive license and rights granted above, the Journal shall have the exclusive right to print publication of the Article for a period beginning when this Agreement is executed and ending six (6) months after publication of the work in the Journal. In no case may any subsequent print version of the Article, either substantially rewritten or otherwise, be published by another publisher within six (6) months of the actual publication date of the Article in the Journal without the express written consent of the Journal.
3. The Author agrees to affix a prominent notice to any copy, adaptation, or reproduction of this Article, indicating that it was first published in the KENTUCKY LAW JOURNAL. The Journal agrees to affix the author’s copyright notice to all reproductions of this Article, provided however that the Journal may also include a notice of its copyright in the compilation in which the work appears.
4. The Author retains ownership of the copyright in this Article, and all rights not expressly granted in this agreement.
5. The Author represents and warrants that the Article does not defame any person, does not invade the privacy of any person, and does not in any other manner infringe upon the rights of any person. The Author agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Journal against all such claims.
6. The Author warrants that this work has not been previously published elsewhere in any form.
I HAVE READ THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE FULLY WITH THE SAME
Signed: _________________________________________________ Date: _________________ (“Author”)
Signed: _________________________________________________ Date: _________________ Articles Editor, KENTUCKY LAW JOURNAL