Missouri Law Review
From Copyright Experiences
GRANT OF LICENSE
In exchange for the Missouri Law Review’s agreement to publish my article entitled (Article Title Italicized), I assign a nonexclusive license to the University of Missouri to:
1. reproduce and distribute the article in the Missouri Law Review;
2. reproduce the full text of the article on the Missouri Law Review website;
3. edit the article to suit the Missouri Law Review’s requirements, subject to final review and approval by the authors;
4. reproduce and distribute reprints of the article;
5. authorize others to reproduce and distribute the article with attribution to both the authors and the Missouri Law Review; and
6. authorize others to include the article in computerized databases, such as LEXIS and WESTLAW.
7. I also grant permission for copies of this article to be made for educational use, provided that:
- copies are distributed at or below cost,
- both the author and the Missouri Law Review are identified, and
- proper notice of copyright is affixed to each copy.
This license is nonexclusive, meaning that I retain the copyright and hence the authority to authorize others besides the Missouri Law Review to reproduce and distribute the article or to make derivative works from it following publication in the Missouri Law Review.
I agree, however, that if I authorize any such other uses of the article, I contractually will obligate the licensee and any sublicensees to credit first publication to the Missouri Law Review.
I understand that although the Missouri Law Review may authorize LEXIS, WESTLAW, or similar database services to make my article available on those services, the services themselves select which articles they will make available.
This article is my own original work and has never been published.
___________________________________ ________________________ (Professor Name) Date
(Law School), (Address), (City, State Zipcode)