Yale Journal of Law and Feminism
From Copyright Experiences
We usually require that copyright be assigned to us, as per the attached contract.
We are happy to confirm that the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism will publish your article _______ in the ____ edition of the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism.
To ensure that the Journal remains a source of timely material and to enable the Journal to comply with various contracts regarding the reprinting of issues, the sale of back issues, and access to the Journal via Lexis, Westlaw, and other computer-assisted research services, we ask that you enter into the following agreement:
1. You hereby assign the copyright in this article to the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism, Inc. The copyright consists of any and all rights of whatever kind now or hereafter protected by the copyright laws of the United States and of all foreign countries, in all languages, and in all forms of communication including electronic storage and retrieval systems. The Yale Journal of Law and Feminism, Inc., through itself or others, shall have the right to publish the article in all languages and in all forms of communication including electronic storage and retrieval systems.
2. After a period of one year from the publication date of the issue in which the article appears, you have the nonexclusive right to publish and distribute, and authorize the publication, distribution and reproduction of, the article in such a manner as you deem appropriate, provided that any such publication gives proper acknowledgment to the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism. Such acknowledgment shall be a credit line reading:
Reprinted by permission of the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism, Inc. from the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism, Vol. __, Number _, pp. __-__.
It is the Journal’s policy to charge a nominal fee for reprinting for commercial purposes. There is no charge for photocopied reproduction for course materials.
You are permitted to post a copy of the article on your website, on SSRN, and to use the article, in whole or in part, as part of any forthcoming work, as long as it is appropriately attributed to the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism.
3. You agree that you will work with a Yale Journal of Law and Feminism edit team and make reasonable changes to the article during the editing process. You hereby represent that you will make a good faith effort to abide by the production schedule set by the Journal. The Journal will notify you of the schedule for submission of draft changes. After the final draft deadline, in April 2007, you agree to make non-substantive changes only.
4. You are responsible for ensuring that you represent correctly the information contained in the sources you cite.
5. You understand that all citations to source materials and other authorities in the published version of your article will conform to the citation forms in THE BLUEBOOK: A UNIFORM SYSTEM OF CITATION (18th ed.) as supplemented by the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism’s own style guidelines.
6. You will be entitled to 25 free reprints of your article.
7. You represent and warrant that the article is an original work, that it does not defame any person, and that it does not in any way infringe on the rights of any person. You agree to indemnify The Yale Journal of Law and Feminism, Inc. and its officers, agents and employees and all past and future members of the Journal against any claim to the contrary, including all reasonable expenses, losses, fines, penalties, court costs, attorneys' fees, and liabilities suffered or incurred in connection therewith.
8. The rights granted in this agreement are irrevocable. The rights may be transferred or sublicensed by the Yale Journal of Law and Feminism, Inc. and may be exercised by its agents or employer.
9. You represent that you have the power and authority to enter into this agreement.
We ask that you print a copy of this contract, sign it, and return it to the below address. We suggest that you also make a copy of the signed contract for your records.
Yale Journal of Law and Feminism Attn.: _________ Yale Law School 127 Wall Street New Haven, CT 06511
If you have any questions, please feel free to call me at ______ or e-mail me at ______.
- Business and Projects Editor
- Yale Journal of Law and Feminism
Agreed to and accepted by:
- Signature / Date